Thursday, November 05, 2009

Bending Nails!

Hey, Folks,

I recently became aware of the "grip strength" world, a place where being able to tear playing card decks, phone books, and so on is looked on with great importance, a place where bending big nails is the order of the day.

My friend and co-worker, Josh Hanagarne "The World's Strongest Librarian" got me into this stuff. It's his fault. No, I suppose it's mine, really, for being a sucker for weird exploits like this.

In any case, I just wanted to crow about bending my first 60D "Sixty Penny" nail. These things are six inches long and big enough that they'd send you looking for a larger hammer to drive them in. Not quite tent stakes, but not far off.

...and I bent one of them. With my hands. No bracing, no tools, just me, some padding to keep me from developing accidental stigmata, and a lot of grunting. If you know your way around the "short bending" world, you know what I'm talking about. If not, you probably think I'm a loony bird. It's possible that both contentions are equally right.

Signing off..

No comments: