I have to admit that almost all my writing effort has been in the non-fiction vein over the last little while. I've been cuckoo for my new venture The Caveman Gym. In fact, I actually have even had a guest post at my friend Josh's website, The World's Strongest Librarian. Click on this sentence to read it.
- Had a birthday
- Visited with my mom for the first time since the Reagan Era
- Hit some of my workout goals
- Shot video
- Done lots of dumb ass stunts, many caught on said videos
- Gotten so tired I almost called in sick from work a few times
- Gotten over it
- Attempted unsuccessfully to do it all over again
- Really gotten back into playing guitar
- Built up a full 80 posts over at Caveman Gym, soon to be more
- Been frustrated by the rain
- Built shelves
- Fertilized the lawn and killed the dandelions (ish)
- Wrestled with my friend Chris and skinned my knee and elbow
- Concocted more stunts I'm hoping to show you
- And...oh yeah, not really had much success writing any fiction
It'll come back, I know it. I just have to make the time and put my butt in the chair with fingers on the keyboard. It's not as if my typing mojo has gotten weak. I almost always find myself writing at least a few thousand words a day. Just not the fiction words.
As for old business, it appears that The Crimson Pact is doing fairly well, and the reviews seem to be overwhelmingly positive. I have to get a wiggle on finishing my submissions for the next anthology, or I'll miss it.
Finally, I'm going to be at ConDuit in SLC this weekend. I think it'll be fun. I'll get a chance to catch up with my writer friends, who are hopefully getting more "actual" writing done than I am.